Job Description: Quality Manager
SP Industries, is looking for a Quality Manager to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic high energy professional who is looking for building a rewarding future in developing best-in-class quality systems and processes.
Location: This position will be based in Gardiner, NY
To apply: https://careers-spindustries.icims.com/jobs/intro?mobile=false&width=800&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work HANDS-ON with the operations team, shop floor personnel and Manufacturing Engineers to sustain and improve product quality for existing and future products
- Management of the site’s ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System QMS, Internal Auditing and CAPA process
- Develop, Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting based on the needs of business to support strategy and overall improvements
- Using 8D and A3 disciplines: Conduct investigations to identify root cause of problems and implement effective corrective actions using structured processes.
- Assist and lead internal audit program of the QMS and issue CAPA reports to improve and monitor the health of the QMS
- Review and monitor the effectiveness of various processes through the retrieval and analysis of data.
- Ensure sustainment of implemented improvements through monitoring data trends.
- Use a data-driven approach to achieve early problem identification and effective resolution.
- Conduct programs to establish process requirements, design, mapping and evaluation
- Understand and validate data integrity in data and reporting systems while supporting established quality standards, performing quality analyses, inspections and root cause analysis
- Work with engineering to develop supplier incoming quality strategies to resulting in high quality incoming materials drive manufacturing to develop control plans and parameters to ensure high process reliability.
- Assist in development and facilitation of Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) protocols with the Project managers and team
- Provide regular reports and actively participate in engineering and production meetings.
- Collaborate with the project management team to ensure effective configuration controls and traceability management for complex product mix requirements. (Doc controls, Traceability, Calibration certifications, supplier part certifications etc…)
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities, risk, deficiencies while working with internal departments/business units to deliver the appropriate remedies and subsequently test, track and verify the solutions.
- Create and deliver relevant ongoing communications and metric scorecards to respective management, program teams and business teams.
Skills and Experience:
- S. Engineering – (Industrial, Mechanical etc. with 5+ years minimum post-graduation experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment
- Candidates working in the following roles with solid foundational training and use of the Lean Six Sigma Quality tool set will also be considered: Industrial Engineers, Process Engineers or Mfg. Engineers
- Experience designing and developing data collection and analysis tools and software packages to gather, integrate and analyze data from multiple sources with statistical and analytical problem solving skills – Excel pivot tables, charting and reports, Tableau, or JMP, Minitab desirable etc…
- Evaluating, selecting, and creating intuitive forms of empirical and root-cause analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate compliance with quality standards.
- History of innovation with examples of developing new practices for quality process utilizing technology.
- Excellent working knowledge and practical use of lean quality tool box methods – Statistical Process Control, Control Charts, Lean Manufacturing, Visual Management & Mapping, DMAIC, Waste identification, Continuous Improvement, Tools of Quality (Fishbone, Pareto Analysis, Histograms, 5-Whys)
- Supplier Quality experience – Process auditing, PPAP, supplier development, supplier qualification
- Ability to breakdown complex problems into manageable projects, creating logical plans and schedules for others in the team to achieve the organizations goals.
- Ability to solve problems and assume a leadership role with cross-functional peers.
- ASQ CQE, CQMOE and/or CQA (Certified Quality Engineer/Auditor) certification is a definite plus.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a plus
- Successfully manage multiple competing projects and meet deliverable deadlines amid changing requirements.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Systems such as – ISO 9001:2015, TS16949, AS9100, 13485 etc…
- Compliance Experience with: ASME Pressure Vessels, HVAC systems, ROHS, F-Gas experience a plus
- Daily use of Excel, MSWord, Powerpoint, use of Excel Pivot Tables, Tableau Data visualization and analytics or similar
- Experience in FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing), resolving customer facing and field service/warranty issues a plus
- Ability to excel in a complex, fast paced and dynamic environment
- Must be self-motivated with high energy level and a strong work ethic
- Desire to take on challenges head on and embrace adversity
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, programs and roles
- Commitment to the highest standards of excellence and integrity
- Ability to travel as needed.