JOB TITLE: QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER FLSA
REPORTS TO: VP ENGINEERING
DIRECT REPORTS: QUALITY COORDINATOR
INDIRECT REPORTS: TEST TECHS
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for establishing, implementing and monitoring the quality program throughout the company. This includes training staff as necessary to maintain product quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops documentation including the policy manual, incoming inspection forms and certifications for product shipment.
- Writes SOPs with concerned individual support; obtains approval; maintains files. Secures and maintains revisions as necessary.
- Maintains all QA-related data regarding processes and materials from incoming materials to product shipments.
- Ensures in-house and outside testing samples are initiated; timely results are obtained and communicated to stakeholders.
- Ensures all required documentation for taking company through ISO and other certification processes.
- Introduces SPC procedures as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering.
- Three (3) years’ experience in quality assurance systems preferably in electronics component industry.
- Writing and managing SOPs.
- Experience with QA manuals and procedures.
- Experience with ISO audits and maintaining certifications.
- Expertise in SPC, continuous improvement and/or Six Sigma methodology.
- Highest integrity for adherence to product standards. Report all deviations immediately per established process.
- Thorough and comprehensive in all work.
- Keeps current on all materials and products; ISO and certification standards.
- Willingness to train personnel to maintain quality standards.
- Highly cooperative and effective internal communications with all company personnel – CEO, product management and engineering.
- Hold nonconforming products.
- Stop shipment of nonconforming products.
- Stop inspections when instrumentation not meeting specifications.
CEO, Paper Battery Company
165 Jordan Rd, Troy NY 12180
Cell: +151833318078; Ph: +15187200990×101